Department of Computer Science
Chengdu University of Information Technology
Dr. Wei received the PhD degree in Computer Application Technology from the Nanjing University of Science and Technology (NUST) in 2006. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Computer Science, Chengdu University of Information Technology.
Dr. Wei's main research area is the content analysis and understanding for video and image. This includes theoretical foundations, the development of new models and algorithms and applications.
Visual Recognition Computing. Since 2009 Dr. Wei has been working on the use of visual attentional control mechanisms and visual recognition mechanisms for scene semantic understanding. It includes computational model, stimulus-driven and goal-driven control stratage and application of visual saliency.
Pattern Classification & Recognition.Intelligent classifiers based on artificial intelligence and machine learning methods are used to understand the content of video.
Media Computing and Content Analysis For graduate
Software Engineering, Specialty Education, Frontier Specialty and Introduction to Engineering For undergraduate
Wei Wei，Zou Shu-rong, Shu Hong-ping, He Jia, Liu Wen-qin, Wei Min, Ye Bin. Method for estimating video visual salience through dynamic and static combination , China Patent CN200910216538，issued October 30，2013
Liu Feng-yu, Wei Wei, Zhao Xue-long, Li Qian-mu, Zhang Kun, Xu Jian, Zhong Yi . Classification storage management method for VOD system, China Patent CN200610098300，issued December 29，2010
Publications (past 5 years):
1. Wei Wei, Wei Min, Cheng Bang-sheng, “Scene Salience Computation for Media,”Journal of Chinese Computer Systems(in Chinese) , Vol.35，No.5, 2014 pp. 1174-1179.
2. Wei Wei, Wei Min, “Inter-concepts Association and Dependency Multi-label Video Semantic Concept Classification Approach,” Journal of Image Graphics(in Chinese), Vol. 15，No.6, 2010, pp.893-899
3. Wei Wei, Zou Shurong, Liu Fengyu, “Analysis and Understanding for Multi-level Video Semantic Concepts,” Journal of Computer-Aided Design and Computer Graphics(in chinese), Vol. 20，No.1, January 2008, pp. 85-92. (EI:20081911244716)
4. Wei Wei, You Jin, Li Feng-yu, Xu Man-wu, “Semantic-audio Content Analysis at High Level,” Journal of Image Graphics(in Chinese) , Vol. 12，No.1, January 2007, pp. 141-147
5. Wei Wei, Li Qian-mu, Liu Feng-yu, Xu Man-wu, “Two Level Multimodal Fusion Algorithm for Semantic Analysisi,” Journal of Image Graphics(in Chinese) , Vol. 12，No.5, May 2007, pp. 893-898
6. Wei Wei ,Shu Hong-ping, Liu Feng-yu, “A Content-based Video Retrieval Method Based on Spatio-temporal Change Information,” Information and Control(in Chinese) , Vol. 36，No.5, October 2007, pp.893-899
7. Wei Wei , Ye Bin, Chen Bang-sheng, “Audio Scene Semantic Similarity Computing Approach,” in Proc. 2010 the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Information Management and Engineering (IEEE ICIME 2010), April 2010,1(1):85-89.（EI: 20102913086973）
8. Wei Wei,Liu Wen-qing ,Hang Min, “Quantitative Similarity Computing for Audio Effect Semantic in Video Content Analysis,” in Proc. 2010 the 2nd International Conference on Computer Engineering and Technology (ICCET 2010), April 2010,4:123-127. （EI:20104313317146）
9. Wei Wei , Yan Tian-Yun, yuan-mao Zhang, “Conspicuity-Based Visual Scene Semantic Similarity Computing for Video,” in Proc. International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics,June 2010,127-2132（EI:20104613380400）
10. Wei Wei, Ye Bin, Li Qing, “Association Relation Mining in Multimedia Data,” in Proc. ISICA2009, 2009.10. ISICA 2009,CCIS 51,180-187 (ISTP:BNE73)
11. Wei Wei, Zhong Yi, Liu Feng-yu, “Feature Selection Algorithm Based on Approximated Bayesian Error for Semantic Video Concept Classifier,” in Proc. An added volume :Dynamics of Continuous Discrete and Impulsive Systems, Series B: Application and Algorithms,:836-839 ISTP:201OA
Wei Wei, Wei Min. Media Computing and Content Analysis(in Chinese).Beijing: Tsighua Uiversity Press,2012